Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Is Bruce Kulick Planning a Re-UNION?

Welcome guitar fans, KISS fans, Union followers and those who love Bruce Kulick.

MetalSludge.com
This is not the first time we've talked to Mr. Kulick. Our original 20 Questions was with him way back in September of 1999. Then we did a ReWind in 2001 and our infamous 3-Wind was in the summer of 2008. It's a full 3 years later, and Bruce is Back-4-More!

He's recently released his 3rd solo CD, is touring the planet with a few different projects, and is also on Twitter. How Kulick is that! Or not? You decide.

We'll turn it over to Bruce. Enjoy.

1. We’ve seen your face before Bruce and here we are again. What is new in your world, CDs, tours, plans, etc…plug away?

Last year BK3 my third solo disc came out. It featured Gene Simmons and his son Nick Simmons, Eric Singer, John Corabi, Doug Fieger from The Knack (who sadly pasted away last year), Tobias Sammet from Avantasia and Edguy, Steve Lukather and other guests. It got great reviews and to be honest, I am extremely proud of the songs and performances. It sold quite well which made me very happy. Due to a busy year of touring with Grand Funk, I didn't get out in the US to support it, but did visit South America earlier this year in addition to gigs with the Eric Singer Project in Europe. John Corabi and I did some acoustic shows together in Italy and Poland as well. I am currently gearing up for a summer full of Grand Funk dates.

I am active with The Rock N Roll Fantasy Camp, and I am making plans for more BK solo gigs and dates with ESP.

2. What does Bruce Kulick do the first 2 hours of most every day?

Walk my dog, feed my dog, have breakfast with my dog, go to my office to answer emails and get ready for my day which can be many things both career and/or family related.

3. Thoughts on the killing of Osama bin Laden?

Great news...proud we got him.

John Corabi & Mr. Kulick

4. It seems you still have your hands in KISS, obviously Grand Funk Railroad, and even ESP among other things. Any chance in the future of a reunion with UNION? And if yes or no, why or why not?

John Corabi and I in addition to Brent Fitz, have spoken about doing things if they come up right. John and I obviously are excellent together and Brent really is one of my favorite drummers, appearing on all my solo discs. "No Friend Of Mine" from BK3 actually features the three of us on one of the best songs.

Read the rest here at Metal Sludge

No comments: