Friday, May 14, 2010

Ace Frehley Writing His Memoirs

Click the link below to view the Artisian News report on Ace writing a book of his memoirs of his years with Kiss. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3dljbqBYo4

Ace was interviewed (see link to clip above) on the red carpet at the MusiCares Benefit he performed at (with Slash, Cherrie Currie, Chad Smith) May 7 at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. The benefit celebrated women in sobriety and recovery dedicated to former First Lady Betty Ford, who struggled with alcoholism before getting sober and created the Betty Ford Recovery Center.

"It's gonna be memoirs, you know," he said."I just turned 59, [so] I think it's about time I start getting the stuff out and writing it down on paper before I forget it.

"It's hard for me to remember a lot of the stuff, so what I've been doing is getting together with people I used to work with, and they usually have better memories of situations than myself. Getting together with old bodyguards... They have the best stories about me... stuff I don't remember."

No comments: